Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The 30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 9: Note To Self

Prompt: What would you tell your 16 year old self if you could?

...I am sixteen. :)

However, that's not going to stop me from giving myself some advice, because I think I could use it.

I need to practice the beautiful act of thinking about others before I ever think about myself, and listen to the words and instructions of the people older and wiser than I am. Finally, I need to stop worrying about the past and the future, or any problems that seem big now. Instead, I ought to focus on God's plan, and in Him, all worries and troubles fade away.

Question for the Reader: What words of wisdom would you give to yourself?

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." --Philippians 3:12-14

1 comment:

  1. thank you, hayley, for writing this. that's exactly what I would tell myself. I got chills reading it because it was so fitting with where I am right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.