Thursday, August 8, 2013

The 30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 3: Family

Sorry that I'm a bit behind on this challenge. I had to do an overnight babysitting job on Sunday and I've been pretty sick this week. I hope to do a bit of catching up today, but I might be a little behind over the next few days. So sorry!!! :(

Prompt: Describe your relationship with your family.

This is an easy and tough one at the same time, because while my family consists of people that I feel I couldn't live without, they have their flaws, and they have the capability to drive me nuts. I think all families are like that. While we all have our bad days in our families, our family is the people that we love for everything that they are.

I am in a family of 5, plus a dog. Dad, Mom, Me, Moriah, Caleb, and then Ace (the Jack Russell Terrier extraordinaire). Dad is the wisest in the family. All he ever asks of us is to listen to his words, to follow his instructions, and obey him, which is the way that he receives love. (God says the same, by the way in John 14:15, "If you love me, obey my commandments.") He's the administrative pastor at our church, and works from home, acting as the parent that is constantly available and prepared to suit our needs. Mom is the Wonder Woman of the family. She has a full time job as the head of one of the biggest and best classical Christian schools in Colorado. She's also a mother of three and director of the Family Ministry at our church. I look up to her every day as a teacher and a beautiful, intelligent, and godly woman. I'm the eldest of the three kids in our family. I have the faults of trying to be a peacekeeper, but that immediately turns into being the wallflower. On the other hand, I'm a junior in high school, a hard worker, good student, musician, teacher, and writer. (But some of you know enough about me already to figure that one out...) Moriah is the spunky, creative, pretty, and tall lady in our family. She's 14, and has a beautiful smile that lights up an entire room. She loves the Lord and praises Him everyday with her lovely singing voice. (Link to her blog: leighhillcountry.blogspot.com) Caleb (bless his heart) is the youngest boy in our family, a sweet gentleman who has as much patience as a dog waiting for a bone (because of his living with three women and everything.) He's very smart, especially with math, and loves to play soccer. 

My family is the group of people that I care most about in the world, and I'm glad I got to share them with you all! :)

Question for the Reader: What is your family like?

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." --Joshua 24:15b

1 comment:

  1. aww I love your family. :) my family consists of two parents, five girls, and a boy (I'm the second oldest. my 3 year old brother is the youngest.) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.