Wednesday, April 9, 2014

GREAT NEWS!!!

You guys....

Just....

As some of my friends would say: "alksdjflsjdfal;jdlfja;lskdjf"

Or if you are more of a visual person...

Roll the clip:

Other reactions include:

Really?????

Get. Out!!!

NO WAY!

I mean, just...for real?

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

*Squealing like a little girl*

...wut.

WOOHOO!

Thanks for walking with me down Happy Reaction Lane, and welcome back to VH.

Why am I so excited you ask?

WE WON ANOTHER AWARD!!!!!

Roll the clip again:

Sorry, I just really love that clip. :) Haha.

It's called the Liebster Award: 
Isn't it preeetty? :)

The Liebster Award is an award for encouraging readership and followers for new bloggers.

These are the 5 rules for accepting the nomination:
1. Thank the wonderful, awesome, amazing blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the nominator provided.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Post 11 different questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know that they've been nominated for the award.

Lois, you're the best! Thank you SO much for nominating me for the Liebster Award (as well as the Versatile Blogger Award) and as always, best wishes to you on your blog: You, Me, and a Cup of Tea. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Now here are the answers to your questions:
1. Who's your favorite author?
Oooh, that's a tough one. I really enjoy C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, and John & Stasi Eldredge. I can't really decide between the three. C.S. Lewis writes great fiction as well as nonfiction books that really make me think; Jane Austen writes beautiful stories that are almost like fairytales to me; and John & Stasi Eldredge have written excellent books that have shaped my worldview and spiritual walk.

2. What is your favorite book?
Besides the Bible, I'd have to say that Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my favorite book, because it's written by one of my favorite authors, and it has really great messages about important lessons in life. Thinking more about why I love this book so much, I should really write a book review in another post, because I don't have enough room to write about it here. To be continued!

3. Why did you start blogging?
A couple of reasons. First, I wanted to have a place where I could share thoughts, opinions, and life updates with friends, family, and classmates online. Secondly, I saw that a lot of my classmates in my online school program had a blog, and it greatly appealed to me. I also knew it could help improve my writing, which I have always enjoyed doing.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
I can't pick just one! My favorites are The Cosby Show (re-runs), I Love Lucy (re-runs), and The Mentalist (not a re-run!). I don't usually watch anything else.

5. What is your favorite movie?
I really like "The Blind Side," "Pride and Prejudice" (Yes, the Keira Knightley version, don't judge me!) and "The Princess Bride." I'm also a sucker for most Disney movies. :)

6. What is your current school status?
Approximately 6 1/2 weeks left until I finish my junior year of high school!!!! Yipee!

7. Peanut butter or nutella?
Nutella. Definitely nutella. Moving on...

8. If you could go on your dream vacation and money was no object, where would you go? 
First I would go on my church's missions trip coming up to Hungary, and then I'd probably explore the rest of Europe, as well as New Zealand.

9. If you could read a book for the first time again, what would it be and why?
I'd probably choose "Epic" by John Eldredge. It was the book that I read before I was baptized (that was 7 years ago yesterday!) and I've grown so much spiritually since then, that I wonder what it would be like to read that book again as if it were the first time.

10. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
This took me a while to think about, but one of my favorite book to movie adaptations is "Hoot." The book written by Carl Hiassen won a Newberry Honor, and the movie was directed by Will Shriner, and starred Logan Lerman. It's a great story about a high school teen boy who moves from Montana to Florida and ends up saving a population of endangered owls. I strongly recommend both the book and the movie.

11. Do you like tea?
Of course! My favorite tea is combining Country Peach Passion and Raspberry Zinger (they are both from the Celestial Seasonings brand) and adding stevia. 

(In my best impression for an Academy award winning actor reading off a list) "And the nominees for The Liebster Award are..."
1. Rejoice Always by Sarah Berry
2. The Hill Country by Moriah Robinson
3. Serendipity by Alicia Lewin
4. Emily is Smiling by Emily
5. Country Girl's Daybook by Iris Hanlin
6. Positively Ducky by Karen
(I could list 6 blogs, but not quite 11.)

Here are my questions for you, nominees:
1. Who are your heroes?
2. What is your favorite Bible verse?
3. What is your favorite quote?
4. What is/was your favorite class/subject in school (college courses count!)?
5. What is your favorite part about blogging?
6. Coffee or Tea?
7. On-stage plays or Movies?
8. If you could listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. If you were a book character, who would you be?
10. What is the highest-priority item on your bucket list?
11. What is the best blog post you have ever read or written yourself?

I will be sure to contact the people on the nominees list, just in case they missed this post. 

Thank you to all readers who encourage me to keep this blog going, and therefore make it possible for me to have won an award today. :)

Question for the Reader: What has been your favorite post on this blog?

"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act." --Psalm 37:5

4 comments:

  1. I love your answers (except the Keria Knightley Pride and Prejudice but as you said, no judging)! ;) I'm glad I asked those questions because I feel like I really got to know you better from those. :)
    Hope all goes well as you continue to plow through your high school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!! and thanks for the nomination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! I also love Pride and Prejudice! That's my favorite book from Jane Austen!! :) It's so nice getting to know you! by the way, I just started a book blog around last week and would you want to check it out? Maybe we can follow each other too!! Just let me know :) xx

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! It's a pleasure to meet you as well.

      Congratulations on starting a blog! I've checked it out and I'd be happy to be a follower. ;) You're already doing a fabulous job!

      If you'd like to follow Victorious Heroine, please do! The more the merrier! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.