Monday, September 30, 2013

First Blog Award Ever!!!

You guys!!!! I have an INCREDIBLE announcement!
Victorious Heroine got its very first award EVER today!!!!!

How long has this blog been around? 6? 7 months?

That's amazing.

This blog is a baby compared to so many others out there, and yet in its 6th or 7th month it has an AWARD.

So by now you're probably wondering what that award is. It's called "The Versatile Blog Award."


I'd like to thank all of you readers and subscribers for keeping up with my posts that are sometimes consistent, inconsistent, thought-provoking, not-so-thought-provoking, rambling, and hopefully fun to read as well.

But I'd especially like to thank Lois over at "You, Me, and a Cup of Tea" for presenting us with the award. Your blog is inspiring, beautiful, and a treat to read.

The reason I say "us" is because (I know it sounds cliché, but it's true...) I really couldn't write this blog without all of you. It's the comments, suggestions, and thoughts that motivate me even more to write. When I don't write this, I feel like I've let people down. So thanks for sticking with me for the past few months, and reading this blog so far. I appreciate it a lot.

This award, however, comes with a very small price: you have to write something (not too surprising, right? I mean, it is a blog award...).

My prompt is to write 7 things about myself that you might not have figured out by reading this blog. This is going to be harder than it looks, because I share a lot about myself...

1) The arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks mark the first day of autumn in my book.
2) I got all caught up on my Pre-Calculus yesterday (it's a much more amazing feat than you might think if you've never taken Pre-Calc.)
3) My favorite T.V. shows are Downton Abbey, The Mentalist, and The Cosby Show.
4) A song I've had stuck in my head recently is "In My Life" from the movie "Les Miserables." No one sings it better than Amanda Seyfried.
5) I miss the beach.
6) I'm an LBD fan (Lizzie Bennet Diaries on Youtube), and I'm super excited for the premiere of "Emma Approved" coming out a week from now.
7) I'm currently reading "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris, "Le Morte D'Arthur" by Sir Thomas Malory, "The City of God" by Augustine of Hippo, "The Consolation of Philosophy" by Boethius, and "Idylls of the King" by Alfred Lord Tennyson.

The next condition for the award is to nominate 15 blogs of your choice for the Versatile Blog Award as well. Here are my picks:
1) Raquel at "God's Daughter"
2) Iris at "Country Girl's Daybook"
3) Lyle and Paige at "...our journey..."
4) Christi at "21 Empire Designs" (Written by one of my friends from Veritas Press Scholars Academy)
5) Anne & Tyler at "Almost There"
6) Sarah at "Camp Girl in the Real World"
7) Emily at "Emily is Smiling"
8) Leighanna Rose at "Fresh Ink"
9) Sarah Thérese at "Footprints on my Heart"
10) Hero at "Heroic Endeavors"
11) Karen at "Positively Ducky"
12) Mae at "Mae Mae"
13) Sarah "Strawberry" at "Rejoice Always" (Written by one of my closest friends online, who also attends Veritas Press Scholars Academy with me)
14) Moriah at "The Hill Country" (Written by my sister)
15) Elyssa at "Popcorn & Purple Ink"

If you have been nominated, the rules for the award are here.

Thanks again to all of you who have made the receiving of this award possible!

11 comments:

  1. wow you nominated me?! thanks ;D :D congratulations on the award!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I did, your blog is awesome! :)
    Thanks so much, I'm really excited. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Hayley! Thank you for nominating all of us=D
    <3 and wait. your favorite tv shows include downton abbey? HELLO NEW BEST FRIEND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Leighanna, I've become almost obsessed with it. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination! I'm over at Almost There but our names are Tyler Anne and Holli Anne!

    Congrats, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so sorry that I messed up on your names! Thank you for the correction though.

      Congrats to you as well, and thanks for stopping by my blog.
      I enjoy reading your posts. :)

      Delete
  5. wow! thank you!! I feel so honored! and... you're a fan of Downton Abbey AND LBD?? you have great taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Karen! "Positively Ducky" is one of my favorites. :)
      Thank you very much, maybe we all should start a fan club or something. Haha! :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Hayley! Glad you're still enjoying writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. Bulthuis! I enjoy writing very much, and I appreciate your support. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks, girl! Congrats on your nomination too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.