Monday, August 26, 2013

The 30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 13: Strengths & Weaknesses, Part 1

Prompt: 5 weaknesses you have.

No one likes to admit their weaknesses, but it's often healthy to do so, and helps us reflect on how they can ask God to help them change their ways.

1. Procrastination
Ah, yes. Even the pastor's kid and the principal's daughter can struggle with the common student issue: procrastination. It's a bad habit that I have yet to completely conquer.

2. Stubbornness
This can be a weakness and a strength, but currently it's been a lot more of a weakness.

3. Worrying too much
Whether it's the fact that plans might not go as expected, or if I might not make it through tomorrow, or if people think bad about me, I worry way too much, and forget that God is with me.

4. Disorganization
Now, I might be quite the organizer at school, but when it comes to my room and keeping up with laundry, I don't know how my parents put up with me.

5. Fear of change
So often now, I am coming to the realization that I can't stay with the same old bad habits forever, because it won't be long now until I'll be going off to college and having the entire world of responsibility on my shoulders. So, usually I deal with the temptation of being afraid to try, because I don't really want things to drastically change.

Question for the Reader: How do you overcome your weaknesses?

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." --2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.