Saturday, August 3, 2013

The 30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 2: Secret Fears

Today this prompt made me think a lot about my heart and where my fears come from. I wish I could just say I don't have to write this one today because I am completely fearless, but deep down, that's not true. So I decided to be honest with myself and you, and I wrote this post about my secret and not-so-secret fears.

Prompt: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and describe how they became fears.

Haunted houses, ghosts, evil spirits, etc.: I've always hated things like this, which is why I dread Halloween. I think this especially became a fear for me when I watched a funny but creepy movie when I was 8. I've never been able to be undisturbed by things like this ever since.

Pitch black dark: I'm not especially afraid of the dark anymore but I always get nervous when I have to go inside a really dark room at night. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.

Sharp blades, poisonous/venomous animals, animals that tend to attack: Don't get me wrong, I love animals. I'm not very afraid of big poisonous animals such as snakes anymore after I went to a snake emporium in Florida, but they still scare me a little bit, only because they feel threatening. However, there's something really beautiful about every animal, even when it is threatening or scary. I think sharp blades safely fits into this category too, because what I'm really afraid of when it comes to attacking or venomous/poisonous animals and sharp blades is the possibility of pain. I think we all have some fear of that nature at some point in life.

What's amazing about all these things is that I have no reason to fear them, because of God.

Question for the Reader: What are your secret fears?

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." --1 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.