Thursday, October 22, 2015

Politics: Thoughts on Hilary Clinton & The Benghazi Case

Note to the Reader: I was catching up a bit on the news today (which is something that I'm finding more and more important as an 18-year-old registered voter and American citizen, even though I've never really discussed it on this blog), and I saw the headlines for Hilary Clinton on trial for the Benghazi case. My first thoughts were, "Thank you, God, finally this is being addressed!" However, I've been hearing some aggressive comments against Hilary Clinton and I wanted to write these thoughts down and share them with whoever wants to read them. Since I haven't posted in a long time, I thought that even though it's political, something written on this blog is better than nothing. Let me know if you'd like to see more posts like this, and feel free to comment your thoughts on this. Thank you, and enjoy!

The media is exploding with news on Hilary Clinton and the Benghazi case today.
There is strong evidence that Hilary Clinton royally messed up, that she did something selfish which resulted in the severe harm and death of many good people and their families.
On the other hand, I don't think any person has gone through life without doing a selfish thing that severely hurt (or, on a rare occasion, killed) someone else. I've probably done several selfish things in my life that hurt people--LOTS of times.
Hilary Clinton is no exception to this.
Here's the thing: she may have messed up, but that doesn't mean she should be hated. And I'm not talking about the cultural meaning for hate, (e.g. "Don't be such a hater!") I'm talking about the hatred that is outright wishing harm upon someone else. I know plenty of conservatives and liberals who absolutely hate Mrs. Clinton. 
By the way, this is coming from a Republican here. I'm not trying to defend any selfish actions that have caused the death of others, just to be clear. 
I just want to say this: There is no one--not liberal, conservative, Democrat, Independent, Republican, male, female, American, or non-American who is better than Hilary Clinton, and Hilary Clinton is no better than anyone else.
A lot of people are saying that it's people like Hilary Clinton that are killing America. From my perspective, I think it's the attitude that people are better than us or that we're better than everyone else that's really destroying the world, not to mention the hatred.
Public service announcement: It's a 100% guarantee that hate is NOT going to make this nation better. Love your neighbor--because he or she is just like you: full of a past with mistakes and regret, but also full of potential for a hope and a future.
God's grace is open for everyone--even Hilary Clinton.

Questions for the Reader: What are your thoughts on Clinton and the Benghazi Case, and/or the email scandal? Any thoughts on the 2016 presidential election in general? Any thoughts on Paul Ryan becoming the next Speaker of the House?

"Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.” No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."
--Romans 8:33-39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.