Friday, November 1, 2013

November Resolutions

It's now time for another round of Monthly Resolutions: November 2013 Edition.




1) Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
According to health experts, humans should be drinking about 8 glasses of water per day. On most days, I find myself drinking about half of that, if at all. This is obviously not healthy, and I'd like to make that change.

2) Practice 120 minutes a week.
I've found that if I take a discipline and count the minutes that I'm practicing it and make a goal for a specific amount of minutes every week, it works very well for me.

3) Blog at least twice a week.
For obvious reasons. :)

4) Monastic Project
At school, I was assigned a project of reading through 1 Corinthians, and basically having "quiet time" in the morning or the evening and keeping track of what I learn. It's going to take some work, but I'd like to do well on it, and I think it will help me spiritually as well.

5) Catch-up on Omnibus Reading before Thanksgiving.
I'm behind. If I stick with the plan and persevere, I should be all caught up by Thanksgiving Day. What bliss that will be!

6) FINISH The 30 Day Blog Challenge.
What seemed like a simple blog project that would take no more than 40 days, turned into something that has now been unfinished as of about 4 months later. I need to finish this, guys. Only 10 more posts: I can do this.

7) Teach Youth Group
I'm teaching again on the 7th! So excited! Please pray that the Lord uses me to speak His words for what my peers need to hear from Him.

8) Schedule/Plan/Organize More Often
I spent a HUGE chunk of the summer organizing and making routines for myself so that I'd be a mean-green-academic-machine for this school year. Now...my binders are scarcely organized, my textbooks and notebooks are scattered all over the place: my school office, my bookshelves, my bedroom, my home computer area, my backpack...just everywhere. On top of that, I'm hardly ever using my planner (even though my online task list stays up to date) and things just aren't getting done the way they should! I'd like to be able to fix this, so I'll be well-organized when I get back to school after Thanksgiving Break.

9) Cut YouTube Time on Tuesdays and Sundays
Confession: I'm a big fan of youtube videos. I'm not at a point of obsession, but I watch it a little bit more than I probably should. I'd like to start cutting back on the 3-5 minute videos that quickly become an hour-long escapade.


10) Health
I'm trying harder to do more of cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and watching what I eat. I think if I stick to it, it will help me form really good healthy habits for the future.

These are a lot of goals, but I know that some of them will probably be a lot easier than they seem, because I've already gotten a head start in October. Here's to a great November!

Question for the Reader: What is a good habit you're trying to form?

"Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways." --Proverbs 4:26

(Link up to Kelli's She Learns As She Goes)

Photo credit: http://blog.ryanlawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/fallTree.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I feel like we are very similar Hayley :) I'm with you on the drinking thing, I'm always dehydrated because I just forget about drinking throughout the day when I'm busy. What instrument do you play? I'm sure you've mentioned this before but I don't remember. I'll be praying for you as you prepare to speak to your youth group, I'm sure you'll do great! I spent a lot of my summer organizing for the school year and just like you I've let a lot of it get well not so organized :) Good luck with the YouTube thing, that's something I've been working on too. I get so easily sucked into watching way longer than I intended. I swim competitively so I get built in exercise from that but sometimes I struggle to keep up with exercising during the off season. My best advice is to switch things up so that it doesn't get too boring. Good luck with all your goals!
    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that we succeed and struggle in different things!
      I actually play 4 instruments: baritone sax, alto sax, clarinet, and bass clarinet. Right now, I'm focusing on the saxaphones, though.
      Thanks so much for your prayers!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.