Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween/Reformation Day

Happy Halloween everyone!

Or for those of you who celebrate it, happy Reformation Day to you as well!


I know it's not quite Halloween yet, but I thought I'd send my best wishes to you early, since it's unlikely that I'll be blogging tomorrow due to a busy schedule.

I hope you all stay safe and enjoy the day that the Lord has made, whether it's dressing up in a costume, eating candy, carving pumpkins, giving gifts to others, or doing the same-old same-old Thursday night routine, remembering God's presence and love.

For those of you in need of a good tune for the day, I would recommend the youtube link below. It is Mendelssohn's 5th Symphony, otherwise known as "The Reformation" Symphony. Mendelssohn based it off of Martin Luther's hymn, "A Mighty Fortress is Our God." It is one of my favorites, especially during this time of year. (Note: If you don't have time to listen to the entire thing, the 4th movement is my favorite part.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdZTSqpwyg

God bless you all on this coming Halloween/Reformation Day! :)

Question for the Reader: What's your favorite way to celebrate October 31st?

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good." --Romans 12:9

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't say when the 4th movement began! It's at 22:18. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dressing up. that's my absolute favorite part of october 31st. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.