Thursday, March 21, 2013

The One About the Cookies

Here it is, folks! It's the post about the cookies that I promised. :D

Recently, I've discovered a new hobby of mine, and that is cooking and baking (especially baking). As an introvert, it's been nice getting to be at home alone on some days to get some work done and relax while everyone else is out at meetings or soccer practice. But after awhile, I feel like while it would be great to have some chores done when they get home, it would be even better to have homemade cookies ready for them in addition. I love being able to take simple pantry items and make them into warm baked goods that everyone appreciates. 

I've taken a recipe for flour-less peanut butter cookies and turned it into multiple variations: almond butter & peanut butter, peanut butter or almond butter chocolate (or peanut butter and almond butter chocolate), almond mocha, peanut butter mocha, and peanut butter chocolate chocolate chip (honestly, I have yet to try this one, but the recipe is foolproof). Now don't be fooled that just because they are gluten-free, they are destined to be disgusting. Actually, people outside of my family have tried them and said they look and taste delicious. I'm super excited to share them even more at a bake sale coming up!

If you would like any recipes, let me know! 

Here are some pics I took:
Result of first try on homemade 5-ingredient peanut butter cookies

Almond Butter Mocha Cookies I made this week. My dad says these are better than girl scout cookies, and my sister took these to school and her friends begged for them, even though they've been making fun of her being gluten-free. :)

So there you have it! I hope to have more updates on other hobbies soon! :D

Happy second day of Spring! Enjoy the weather. 

Question for readers: What are your hobbies? Do you like to cook or bake as well? Have you discovered any new interests lately?

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." --Philippians 4:8-9

4 comments:

  1. could you post the original flour-less recipe? I'm sure my gluten-free family would love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!

      Flour-less Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

      Ingredients:
      1 egg
      1 cup of peanut butter
      1 cup of sugar
      1 tsp. of vanilla
      1/2 tsp. of baking soda

      Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl thoroughly. Roll spoonfuls of dough into little balls and arrange on baking sheet. Sprinkle some sugar on top and press fork down on each ball of dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving.

      :)

      Delete
    2. thanks! oh and btw I can see the pictures now :D

      Delete
    3. Wonderful! I figured out how to fix it. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.