Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reading Questionnaire

Since I'm such a blog follower, I found out that Hero from Heroic Endeavors and Kelli from She Learns As She Goes posted answers to certain questions about reading. 

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

Do you snack while you read?
I often do not snack while I read in fear that food will get into the lovely books! 

What is your favorite drink while reading?
Dark Sumatra with stevia and half-and-half. I also enjoy passion tea lemonade in the spring and summertime, and hot chocolate around Christmastime.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I write in my textbooks at school, and sometimes write little notes for myself in Omnibus books. Sometimes if I'm behind on Omnibus reading, and we're only reading parts from a piece of literature, I'll write down all the page sections that I'm supposed to read on the cover page. 

How do you keep your place while reading a book?
I either use one of my special bookmarks, or I'll even use a piece of paper anywhere near me: a sticky note, a shred of notebook paper, a notecard, etc.

Are you the type of person who tends to read to the end of the chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
If someone is calling me to do something, I'll at least try to get to the end of the page first. I'm a reader with an aim. I'm always trying to get to the end of something whether it's a page, a section, a chapter, or the book itself.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or onto the floor if the author irritates you? 
No, if I don't like what the author has to say, I simply stop reading his work.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away?
Only if it's driving me insane. Usually I try to figure it out within the context, or ask someone nearby if they know what it means. If all else fails and I can't get over it, I'll look it up.

What are you currently reading?
I'm reading a lot of things, especially at school. I'm reading Ovid's Metamorphoses, J.I. Packer's Knowing God, The Book of Isaiah, The Gospel of Mark, Philippians and Colossians, and Edith Hamilton's Mythology, to name a few.

What was the last book you bought?
Last month, I bought The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi at the school book fair.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
I like reading in quiet coffee shops or lying down on my bed at night before I go to sleep.

Do you prefer series books or stand-alones?
I like both very much. There are some series that I do not enjoy, and would rather have the author write one book on the topic or story instead of trying to make an entire series.

Is there a specific book that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I keep finding myself recommending The Westminster Confession of Faith, but I also recommend The Great Gatsby, Animal Farm, and other books that I read last year in school. 

How do you organize your books? 
My personal books are very disorganized. They can be on a bookshelf at random, on my desk, or even next to or under my bed. However, I keep my school books organized on a shelf by semester.

Question for the Reader: Would you like to try your hand at the questionnaire?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." --John 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! God bless you.